Our Head Chef Jay, is passionate about cooking delicious seasonal dishes at The Duke, using some top-secret ingredients and techniques passed down from generations of family members. However, one recipe he is more than willing to share is his delicious sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel sauce.
“You can’t go wrong with this classic pud” says Jay.
He encourages you to give it a try and impress your guests over the festive season.
How to make the sticky toffee pudding:
Ingredients (based on a 12 x 8 cake tin):
- 250g pitted dates
- 500ml water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 170g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self rising flour
- 3 eggs
- Bring the dates to boil in water and gently cook down to a pulp
- Meanwhile cream together butter and sugar
- Add flour and beaten eggs to butter mix and mix well
- Remove dates from the heat and stir in bicarbonate of soda, add to the batter and mix well
- Cook at 180°C for 20-25 mins or until a skewer comes out clear
- Allow to cool slightly
How to make the salted caramel sauce:
- 100g butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g soft dark brown sugar
- 100ml double cream
- Pinch sea salt
- Gently melt butter in a small saucepan
- Add syrup and sugar, stir into butter and bring to a boil
- Once boiling and emulsified add double cream and stir well
- Bring sauce to the boil again then remove from heat
- Add sea salt to taste
Enjoy your sticky toffee pudding with the warm salted caramel sauce drizzled over the top and with a spoonful of clotted cream.
Try Jay’s delicious dishes for yourself; book online to enjoy a meal at The Duke of Cambridge.